Tuesday 27 March 2012

Oops, Downs and Ups

This evening we are relaxing after the first four days of the Croquet Tournament.  Tomorrow is a rest day and then there's another four days.  However tomorrow is also the Club's Association Croquet afternoon so if the weather is a wonderful as today we'll probably be on the lawns for a little relaxation - gluttons for punishment.

The down and the oops was what happened to my HTC Smartphone.  I slipped it into my gilet pocket whilst I popped to the loo.  Yes, you've guessed it.  That was yesterday morning.  It's sitting in a bowl of rice at the moment.  In a few days I'll see if it has survived.  If not, I'm hoping that I'm insured for such accidents. 

Mike, friend from Gisborne who is staying with me during the tournament, won the Open on the first two days.  I won the Handicap over the last two days.  So between us we are celebrating this evening.

The cup that I won has been on the go for 52 years - since 1959.  It's possibly the ugliest trophy I've ever won but it's certainly the most physically impressive.



12 comments:

  1. I'm catching up after being away. Came back in on a high note - congratulations. Another lovely day is promised tomorrow, so hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My worst nightmare.... Maybe now you can get a real phone....
    Good luck tomorrow
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Worst nightmare. Yes will probably migrate to Apple. Yes I am under their spell.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations for having won the Handicap. And it generally sounds as if you are truly having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the impressive cup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, GB. A pretty gross trophy, though. Especially sorry about the phone since you've just given me your 'spare'....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is ugly, but well done that ma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all. By the time it comes back from the engravers it will be going back to the Club because I'll be returning to Scotland. So I won't have to look at it for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Geeb! The cup... I've never won a single cup, so it would look marvellous to me if I had :-) But, it does appear to be made up of three completely different styles.
    It reminds me of a story. I may blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS iphones... my kids all have 'em, and they seem to graft to you, if their reaction is anything to go by.

    ReplyDelete