Tuesday 21 February 2012

Bugger!

Now in polite circles in the UK that's not a word to be bandied around lightly.  In New Zealand it can be heard even on the croquet lawns from the lips of refined 90 + year young ladies who would think it's restricted use in the UK very odd indeed.

Anyway on the lawns this afternoon I said something like 'Oh dear, that's inconvenient!' as I bent over to take a shot and a searing pain went across my back and through my hips.  That was the end of my croquet for the day - and probably for a week or two as well.  We shall see.

New Zealand is a good place for such an accident to happen though.  Within the hour I was on the physio's table having my back examined and worked on.  I have another appointment tomorrow afternoon.  I'd be lucky to see a physio in the UK for weeks - I'd probably be better before I could see one.

So this evening I am stiff and sore but I can walk.  I hope that I can get out of bed tomorrow! 

6 comments:

  1. Definitely Bummer. Glad game - you're in N.Z.! Hope it gets better p.d.q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for the fast workings of the NZ health care system!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear - the perversity of animate objects. Commiserations and hope you're better soon. Love CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. Hopefully the quick physio treatment will help to soon have you back to normal again. I'll be thinking of you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch! how wonderful you got in so quickly! wishes for a quick recovery is being whisked you way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to write 'ouch' too. All the best!

    ReplyDelete