Thursday 22 December 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I started this morning thinking about the very simple things of life starting with driving with the roof down soaking up the the warmth of the sun. 

By the time I came to write this post this evening so much has happened during the day and yet, at the same time, so little has happened.

A few days ago my right eye (the only one I can see out of properly) started giving me some trouble.  A visit to the Doc determined that there was nothing in it and no visible sign whatsoever of anything untoward.  She prescribed an anaesthetic eye drop.  It's still giving me trouble but not so serious as to impair my vision.  My eye just feels as though it has a boulder in it.  

That made me think of my brother, CJ, of Jaz and of Friend Whom I'd Trust With My Life and all their much more serious vision problems.  It's made me think just how very precious our eyes are.

So today I am very thankful for something so many of us take for granted, our eyesight.

More than that I hope beyond hope that CJ and Jaz's sight improves quickly and that Sue never has to go through more operations.

5 comments:

  1. So true GB.... hope your "boulder" is removed soon.

    I was thinking of you when I cooked dinner tonight - struggling to hold the damned onion! The streaming tears dont help, but I did think your gadget sounded like a good idea - never seen or heard of them before but will be watching out for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma was blind for the last 11 years of her life, and it was very difficult for her. My eyesight started going from bad to worse when I was about 7 years old; I've had glasses ever since, and hold the family record for myopia. Without specs, I can't move around safely anywhere but home. So, yes, I agree 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How strange that your post today should be about this. I woke up today with a sore eye for no special reason that I can think of. It's the one with better vision but at the same time the one I had other trouble with the last couple of years, but not so much this autumn. Not sure if the new trouble is connected to the previous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many people seem to have eye trouble at present, it has made me think too of how much I value my sight. And I like your positive and upbeat attitude. I'm glad the doc couldn't find anything wrong. Another thing which sounded good is the idea of "soaking up the warmth of the sun" - ye gods, things DO soak up sunshine, I remember it well, on this Winter Solstice day

    Have a lovely Christmas and I hope that the feeling of a boulder in the eye is soon gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So do I GB, and I hope yoyr eye feels better soon.

    SP

    PS Big catch up tonight...you've gone AWOL again.

    SP

    ReplyDelete