Thursday 1 December 2011

Banks - The Last Rant

I rang the Bank again this morning so that I could make the transfer. Firstly I spoke to Ricki.  I think that was her name.  She had the thickest Manchester/Lancashire accent I have ever heard.  I was brought up toasting 'The Queen, Duke of Lancaster' so I should have been able to understand.  But I couldn't.  Fortunately as she was the wrong bit of Telephone Banking she transferred me to Richard who transferred me to Bob.  All that involved holding on 'as a valued customer'!  After about 40 minutes had elapsed I had managed to arrange the transfer of the money.  It used to take me about 5 minutes but, well you know what Banks are like.  No wonder they want everything done on line.

However.  There is always a 'however'.  I had managed after all that waiting in queues when I was, of course, doing other things, to use my NZD account number instead of my GBP account.  Silly me.  I could hardly blame the Bank for that. 

So I rang again and got Micheal. He had a broad Irish accent so probably came from Liverpool.  He transferred me to Kirsty.  She was absolutely delightful.  So delightful in fact that I didn't even notice if she had an accent.  She has, I hope, managed to sort it.  I'm not sure though because 13 hours later the money still hasn't left my UK account.

4 comments:

  1. Why can't you just swap the money between accounts on line? Telephone banking sounds a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could Adrian. The B of S said I can and the ASB say I can't. The ASB win because when I try to the B of S site says I can't. I suppose it's to stop money laundering although the big boys can probably do it ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Nat West. I have a wee thingy like a pocket calculator. I have to go on line then enter details of any new account I want to set up for a transfer. Then poke my service card in it enter a pin and it coughs up a verification number. I then type in this number incorrectly and have to start over. Once the account is set up I can transfer money with a few clicks but there is a £10k limit per day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can transfer money or pay people from ASB or BofS accounts without any problems provided that I'm not trying to transfer between my own accounts in different countries. I shall pop into the ASB here in NZ some time and see if they know why.

    ReplyDelete