Monday 21 February 2011

Here, There and Everywhere

I now have so much material for blog posts that I could bore you for months.  As it is most of it is likely to remain unused in my iPhoto bank for eternity (ok, for a few years anyway).  I shall try and distill some of the more compelling and/or less boring photos from the last month and get them onto the blog before I eventually leave for the other end of the globe (in 63 sleeps).  I think that I said that once before either on this blog or on Eagleton Notes and then never managed it.  I'll try harder this time.

They are a sort of hotch potch.  Rather like this suit walking down Emerson Street last week:


Or looking out on a wonderful world through a window:

Or just being together:


Or perhaps being alone:


Or this curious pink shop (which had just been flooded up to the mark on the black-board by the door) at Kaiaua near Miranda on the Firth of Thames:


10 comments:

  1. Despite living in a textile industry town, that is one piece of fashion I have not yet seen on our streets! Looks a bit... undecided...

    Wonderful window view and bird pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic captures. love the pink shop and the person in the crazy suit, I wonder if his face was painted both sexes also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A pink shop. Just my sort of colour dont you know?!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your bird photos! The look on the face of the woman looking at that suit cracked me up!
    However do you pronounce Kaiaua? WAAY too many vowels in there for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an outfit! That's not exactly the high fashion I expect to see in Napier. Love the view from your hideaway window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all is well ? Just watching the devastation after the earthquakes on television.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wonder how his/her partner felt walking alongside. I feel embarrassed enough by Jo's multi-coloured socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well John, you would be more embarrassd by my socks. I have a pair where one of the socks is black with vivid pink stars on it and the other is pink with black stars on it!!? Good luck to Jo - she knows fashion when she sees it. Love to you both x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That suit is superb and the girls face is a picture on it's own.......missed the suit at first thought you were flying at half mast.
    Nothing wrong with your photoshop ability!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa: Kaiaua is pronounced Keye (as in eye) ow (as in ow I've been hurt) a (as in cat) = K-eye-ow-a

    Thanks for your comments everyone. It was Art Deco Week so dressing up is quite the thing. He had a beard too.

    ReplyDelete