Friday 18 February 2011

Back at Miranda

I'm afraid that I'm going to be to-ing and fro-ing in time and place  through Blogland for a little while as the present and the past weave their way through this blog.  These photos were taken when I was back on the foreshore at Miranda on the Firth of Thames.  As with the last set of photos these were taken from a considerable distance away.

A flight of Spur-winged Plovers (not Pied Stilts as I originally said during one of my brain-farts)
Pied Oystercatchers.  And is that an albino Pied Oystercatcher?  I believe it is.  Now that's something I've not come across before.

7 comments:

  1. It certainly looks like an albino. I'm envious.....it is a great place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, you've got an eye for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An albino oyster catcher! Even its legs are paler - fabulous!
    Love the last shot of an 'ordinary' one in flight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, sorry to contradict you Geeb, but the top birds in formation-flying, er, formation, are actually spur-winged plovers. I'm almost certain.

    Brilliant shot, 'though. Wish I'd taken it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! The Oystercatchers look all dressed up! Aren't they beautiful???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and K said 'Wow, great picture, but I feel like I need earmuffs just to look at it.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Katherine. They are, of course, Spur-winged Plovers - another of my brain-farts!

    ReplyDelete