Monday 15 March 2010

I Still Miss You, Mum

Flora Edwards née Body died at the age of 93 on 15 March 2002. Forty years earlier we had been on holiday in Scotland: it rained a lot when we holidayed because we did so amongst hills and mountains and in August during, of course, the school holidays. August was also the wettest month of the summer. As readers know photography was a family pastime and rarely were we to be seen without a camera in hand. Which was how I managed to get this photo. I had no time to focus, properly aim or indeed think as I walked towards Mum and she struck the pose. I had the camera at my side and just pressed the button. That I only managed to cut off Mum's feet was a miracle. It is one of my favourites amongst the very many photos I took of Mum.

6 comments:

  1. What makes a photo special* is rarely technical perfection, but the feeling that it manages to bring (back) to us when we look at it... Thanks for sharing!

    *... and the word verification here is "speci"(al)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that photo a few times now and it always makes me smile. I really wish I'd had the opertunity to get to her know her better

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a lovely photo...she looks fun :)
    my mum is 80 this year - still adored - i feel hollow at the thought of her leaving...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo of your mum Graham. A real lady x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely photo.
    ;^)
    She has the same twinkle in her eyes and smile that you and CJ have.
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete