Monday 28 December 2009

Napier's Christman Tree

In the centre of Napier we have a rather unconventional Christmas Tree.  It's not received universal acclaim in the City.  I rather like it but we have been lucky enough since it was erected to have had plenty of sun to show off its reflective surfaces.  It would be rather uninteresting on a dull day.  One problem is that the sun is so bright it can be hard to see the colours.  In order to photograph the colours I had to stop the camera down to the maximum and reduce the shutter speed to 1/2000 of a second.


 



4 comments:

  1. Looks appropriate for the climate, somehow...! :)
    Good camera work to catch the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! I wouldn't have known about the colors, glad you played with the camera a little to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Terrific tree, wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wouldn't be my normally favorite medium, but I love the colors in the sun. If the sun hits them just right, is it blinding???
    Of course there would be something different there, and I appreciate that about it.

    ReplyDelete