Thursday 12 March 2009

There's An Urgency

Last night it was dark at 8pm.  The moon shone all night turning the night into a sort of blueish day.  When I woke this morning the clear sky had lent assistance to the southerly airflow and the morning was crisp and cold (6 deg on the deck).  Until now the morning temperatures have been in the high teens.  Instead of throwing them open I poked my nose through the ranch sliders.

Then I started thinking.  Yesterday I bought a pair of shorts which were on sale on a rack outside Tarradale's smart menswear shop.  And what else had I noticed as I walked past the Tarradale shops?  Signs saying that the winter collections were in store.  Shorts on sale and winter things in the shops. 

I think that I now have to admit that there may be a hint of autumn in the air.

Then I put out the rubbish and realised that it was Thursday.  I have been home for three clear days and have achieved so litttle of the things I mean to do before my visitors arrive.

I had put on Alicia de Larrocha playing Granados's Goyescas: music with an emotional urgency that almost drives you to tears. 

Suddenly I was gripped by an urgency I haven't felt for a very long time. I wanted to type faster.  I wanted to be doing the next posting.  I wanted my shower and breakfast to be over so that I could get to the next thing that has to be done.  Suddenly my mantra of enjoying every minute of life for what it is, vanished.  I have so much I want to achieve.  I want to be here and I want to be there.  There is so much to be done before the precious moments that I have left have vanished.   I do not have enough time.

And I'm not alone in that.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY - another great post! No, GB, you are not alone in that.

    I seem to go from one extreme to the next in the way that I feel...I totally understood what you've said here.

    I also enjoyed the blending of your words in the beginning...

    You've lifted my soul today, Graham. Thank you :o).

    ReplyDelete